TORONTO, Feb. 12, 2019 – The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc. (“Supreme Cannabis” or the “Company”) (TSX: FIRE) (OTCQX: SPRWF) (FRA: 53S1), announced the release of its financial and operating results for the three and six months ended December 31, 2018.
Q2 2019 Financial and Operational Highlights
- Q2 2019 revenue for the Company was $7.72 million, a 359% increase from Q2 2018 ($1.68 million) and a 50% increase from Q1 2019 ($5.14 million).
- Q2 2019 net comprehensive loss for the Company was $1.55 million, compared to a net loss of $2.03 million in Q2 2018 and a net loss of $5.39 million in Q1 2019.
- During the quarter, Supreme Cannabis strengthened its balance sheet by raising $100 million of gross proceeds through a bought dealoffering of 6% unsecured convertible debentures due 2021 and led by GMP Securities L.P. and BMO Capital Markets.
- Supreme Cannabis made its first shipments of 7ACRES branded High-End Cannabis™ to six of Canada’s provincially regulated adult-use channels.
- The Company contracted Medipharm Labs Co. to facilitate the launch of the Company’s cannabis oil products line.
- Supreme Cannabis and Khalifa Kush Enterprises announced an international partnership agreement to develop and launch premium cannabis products for the Canadian and international markets excluding the United States.
- The Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary and multi-award winning brand, 7ACRES, was named Brand of the Year at the 2018 Canadian Cannabis Awards.
Subsequent to Q2 2019
- The Company’s 7ACRES facility received Health Canada approval for approximately 30,000 square feet of additional production space in January 2018.
- Supreme Cannabis graduated to the Toronto Stock Exchange (“TSX”) from the TSX Venture Exchange on February 4, 2019.
- 7ACRES entered into a supply agreement with the New Brunswick Liquor Corporation and has been registered as a supplier in the province of Saskatchewan, expanding distribution into eight provinces.
“We’re pleased with our second quarter results, which show meaningful revenue growth quarter-over-quarter and continues to reflect our strong operational execution,” said Navdeep Dhaliwal, CEO of Supreme Cannabis. “Since Supreme received its license over two years ago, we have been one of the fastest scaling Licensed Producer’s in Canada, demonstrated by one of the strongest first years of revenue in the sector.”
“During the second quarter we made our first shipments of 7ACRES-branded product to adult-use markets in six provinces. The consumer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Cannabis enthusiasts are vocal about their passion for high-quality cannabis. We believe 7ACRES has quickly established itself as Canada’s only premier cannabis producer at scale. With construction on the flowering room at 7ACRES scheduled to be completed by the end of March, we’re looking forward to increasing our production capacity to help meet consumer demand and drive further revenue growth throughout the year. This quarter validated many aspects of our consumer driven market thesis and demonstrates the strength of our intellectual property around scaled cultivation.”
We Grow Better.
Supreme Cannabis’ 2019 second quarter MD&A and consolidated financial statements for the quarter ended December 31, 2018, along with all previous public filings of The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc. may be found on SEDAR at www.SEDAR.com.
About Supreme Cannabis
The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX: FIRE) (OTCQX: SPRWF) (FRA: 53S1) is a Canadian publicly traded company committed to providing premium brands and products that proudly reflect its consumers, people and uniquely innovative culture. The Company’s portfolio includes its wholly-owned subsidiary and multi-award-winning brand, 7ACRES.
7ACRES is a federally licensed producer of cannabis operating inside a 440,000-square-foot facility in Kincardine, Ontario. 7ACRES is dedicated to providing consumers with a premium-quality product that recognizes its customers are informed, discerning and value a brand and culture that aligns with their principles. 7ACRES brand success has been reflected in its “Brand of the Year” award at the 2018 Canadian Cannabis Awards, “Best Licensed Producer Branding” award at the 2018 AdCann Advertising Awards and in provincial supply agreements where 7ACRES’ product is consistently listed in the highest brand category available to recreational consumers.
The Company’s growing portfolio also includes an equity investment and long-term global distribution partnership with Lesotho-based Medigrow for the exporting of medical-grade cannabis oil.
The Supreme Cannabis Company has been a leading innovator in the sector including the design of growing facilities and development of operational excellence metrics. We are confident that together with our flagship brand, proprietary technology and products, truly unique culture, and industry-leading team, we will deliver our shareholders consistent long-term value creation.
Certain statements made in this press release may constitute forward-looking information under applicable securities laws. These statements may relate to anticipated events or results and include, but are not limited to, the launch of the Company’s cannabis oil products line, the launch of premium cannabis products for the Canadian and international markets excluding the United States with Khalifa Kush Enterprises, the anticipated completion of construction on the flowering rooms and the resulting increases in our production capacity and revenue and other statements that are not historical facts. Particularly, information regarding our expectations of future results, targets, performance achievements, prospects or opportunities is forward-looking information. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “may”, “will”, “expect”, “believe”, “estimate”, “plan”, “could”, “should”, “would”, “outlook”, “forecast”, “anticipate”, “foresee”, “continue” or the negative of these terms or variations of them or similar terminology. Forward-looking statements are current as of the date they are made and are based on applicable estimates and assumptions made by us at the relevant time in light of our experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions and expected future developments, as well as other factors that we believe are appropriate and reasonable in the circumstances. However, we do not undertake to update any such forward-looking information whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable securities laws in Canada. There can be no assurance that such estimates and assumptions will prove to be correct. Many factors could cause our actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements or future events or developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, the factors discussed in the “Risk Factors” section of the Company’s Annual Information Form dated October 2, 2018 (“AIF”). A copy of the AIF and the Company’s other publicly filed documents can be accessed under the Company’s profile on the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (“SEDAR”) at www.sedar.com. The Company cautions that the list of risk factors and uncertainties described in the AIF is not exhaustive and other factors could also adversely affect its results. Readers are urged to consider the risks, uncertainties and assumptions carefully in evaluating the forward-looking information and are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such information.
SOURCE The Supreme Cannabis Company, Inc.